Thursday 12 June 2008

Driver remains coy about baby's father

Actress Minnie Driver has remained tightlipped about who the father of her unborn baby is, despite hinting that he is also in show business.
Speaking to The Independent, the singer and actress said: "This was an unplanned pregnancy, but it's been very happily received by everyone. Which is great."
"It's something I've wanted to do my whole life; I can't believe I've waited this long."
Referring to the father of her baby, Driver said that she has no plans to get married.
"It's not important to me. I don't think a piece of paper lends itself to the idea of being a good parent and I want to be a good parent."
She did not reveal who the baby's father is, saying: "I want to shield the baby's dad as much as I can because it wasn't his choice to get roped into all this stuff."
"It'll come out in time and there'll be some other bump people will be interested in and I'll have this baby and get on with my life."
She did confirm that the baby's father is English and is "sort of in the same business".